Tuesday, August 23, 2011

climb this

This photo is of our baby Clematis plant- it vines up mailboxes, lamp posts, etc., and blooms sweet, purple flowers. I've heard it takes a full year to root and get settled, but then it will shoot up our lamp post and bloom all Summer- well that's the plan for next year...
This little plant inspired me to finally get a ladder rest. I figured our Clematis would need a destination (goal) to reach, soo obviously this ladder rest is a crucial element ;)


Found it on Amazon for under $10

BEFORE
But I couldn't stand the gold balls...

AFTER
2 coats of black, leftover paint (from when I painted the lamp post this Spring,) and 
Tadaaaaa. Grow little vine, grow. We'll keep you "posted" on it's progress... hah.

Click here to see more of Robin's garden
I'm hoping to post a pic similar to this one next year... 
That's the goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment