Tuesday, May 24, 2011

what $5 gets you @ a yard sale...

We hit the fancy neighborhood yard sale, and here's what we came up with...

Michael's Pick: After a little negotiating, we went home with this little ladder for $2! Initially I wasn't as enthusiastic about this pick, but now I see the light... It's charming, and I've already borrowed it for a BloomingBudsVa display!


Michelle's Pick: A jute runner from Restoration Hardware for $3! It needed a thorough vacuum and rinse, and I figured if we decided to trash it, no big loss... After scrubbing the border, rinsing it with the watering can (haha,) and several sprays with lysol, this guy may have been worth salvaging! I'm planning on buying some fabric paint and giving the border a new look (future post perhaps?)


not too shabby...

I'm thinking a pale blue border for our upstairs hallway.

Side note: While I waited for the runner to dry, 
I painted this sign for Blooming Buds, and Mike cut it to size.
I love stencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment