Friday, July 8, 2011

Gracie's Nursery

I recently had the pleasure of helping to decorate the nursery walls for sweet, adorable, little Gracie! Gracie's Mom had seen a similar image in the Pottery Barn kids magazine, so she contacted BloomingBudsVA to help her bring this vision to life... 
I had a couple of challenges ahead of me, since they are a military family, and would most likely be moving soon. I had to come up with an easy way to transport all of the branches and flowers, and then make them easy to re-install (for Gracie's Mom). After some brainstorming, I decided to make each flower detachable with Velcro (so they could be packed separately from the branches,) and I also made instructions (a diagram) of where each branch and flower should be placed- for easy re-mounting. Command strips were used for mounting the branches on the wall- these strips are adhesive, so they leave no damage and are easy to remove and re-stick :) 
I'm always up for a challenge, and this was certainly a fun change of pace, check it out... Oh, and it's all PAPER!


It was a tedious process that included lots and lots of hot glue...


paper...


tracing and cutting...



and wine! tehe


Measuring, assembling, and configuring instructions for mounting- 
Each branch was labeled with a letter A-Z and each flower a number 1-21. It was basically a puzzle.


INSTALLATION DAY!


time to unwrap and start mounting...





quick like ninja


pass me another flower, seriously...

hehe


a ladybug for luck 



that's a wrap (almost)

*In retrospect I see one branch that needs to come lower... which is soo simple- the Command strips allow each branch to be easily adjusted- whew! Saved (sorry, don't mind my OCD!)



Hope you like the new addition to your room Gracie! 

1 comment: