Wednesday, July 27, 2011

one lucky bee

This is random.
The other morning when I was giving my thirsty plants a drink, I came across a little bee exhausted from the heat and clinging to our candle holder. Poor little guy. Luckily I had just read a recent post from the winnebago diaries that described a similar situation. There was a good chance all this little guy needed was a sugar boost, so I heated a spoonful of honey (slightly watered down,) and convinced the little bee to trust me. Very similar to the photo, he got a taste of the sweet drink, and then proceeded to refuel. Within a minute he took off ready to go back to work, collecting pollen like any normal day...
With bees on the decline, it warmed my heart to know I had helped this worker bee out. Keep up the good work little bee.

photo by The Winnebago Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment