Tuesday, March 29, 2011

cocky before caulking


We are approaching the final stages of our upstairs bathroom make-over, and today I decided to caulk the sink and bath area. How have I escaped caulking the last 28 years? It seemed like an easy, mundane task... no more measuring, leveling, mounting, just good-old caulking- how long could that take? Twenty frustrating minutes and 6 goopy rags later I realized the only adequate tools to get the job done right were my bare hands. Umm yuck.

Score:
Caulk 1   
Michelle 0

I battled the goop (for way too long,) and what did I learn? Take your rings off first, and avoid caulking for 28 more years! 

Also, I'm wondering if caulk and toothpaste are the same ingredients just bottled and labeled differently? I hope caulk washes out of clothes, toothpaste does :)

I thought I was finished, the caulk thought otherwise.

Final Score:
Caulk 2
Michelle 0

1 comment: