Wednesday, June 8, 2011

kitchen progress



We spend a lot of time in our kitchen, so we are on a constant mission to utilize our space, and stay organized. Our kitchen was renovated by the previous owners (investors) in 2010, so all we needed to do was make it OUR own...

Here's what it looked like in Spring of 2010 after we moved in (notice I'm in the middle of painting our office yellow-future post:)

Meet our kitchen now...


Progress made...


Gardening shears and gloves ready to go! hehe

We found this stainless steel shelf at Ikea. It adds sooo much storage space, and the counter is an awesome work station for me- it's the perfect height (since I'm somewhat vertically challenged at 5'2".)

Check out the new curtains!

I actually copied my Mother-in-law, 
I fell in love with these at her house!

I'm a sucker for bees and lace.

Finally, a little privacy. 
And we still get lots of sunlight!

We hung this shelf to maximize the use of space between the cabinets and the counters or appliances.
Yes, the cabinets were hung unusually high (grrrr,) good thing for step-stools!

I must say, this beats our old mug tree (see first pic.)

kitchen essentials

A new addition-knife holder... 
We will end up mounting this magnetic strip somewhere on the backsplash...

the Faber fridge...
It's like Highlights for adults, can you find:
Elvis, a banana, a level, a fire hydrant...


Mr. Yuck, Curious George, skeletons, an aligator, our save-the-date...


Maybe next time you'll get a peek inside...



No comments:

Post a Comment