Friday, June 17, 2011

change is good.

As you can see from the pics below our dining area has a soft-neutral feel to it, and that Les Mis framed poster (from a previous post) seemed too bold and dark for this room. I had originally wanted a white or cream colored frame, but because the poster was an unusual size- my only option was a black frame. It's been a couple months, and I'm still not feeling the bold poster in the corner (leading to the dungeon basement.) In fact I almost feel like it taunts me because I settled for something that wasn't what I really wanted. 

Well then, thinking about it isn't going to change anything- time for a little DIY home project...




We already had primer, and cream colored spray paint.
And both paints were ok for wood surfaces.

Primed and ready for stage 2.

3 coats of cream paint and it's time to dry.


Then came the bump in the road (like most of my home projects...) I was being ADD while the frame dried, and decided to shift our grill over a couple inches (don't even ask me why??) NOOOOO! All of the dust from the charcoal grill filled the air and drifted over to the drying frame- bad idea- avoid this! I had just used the remaining cream spray paint, and was not in the mood to run to the store... 

See all the speckles- Grrrrrr

Luckily, the DIY gods were on my side that day, and the frame had already dried before the dust landed! Saved. I used a damp cloth to clean it, and the problem was solved. 

Voila!


BEFORE & AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment