Thursday, June 23, 2011

Oh, Ina!

In my second life I hope to come back as Jeffrey Garten (don't tell Michael.) Oh how he must indulge in her fine foods everyday... I guess I would need a personal trainer too! Here's one of my favorite Summer desserts from the Barefoot Contessa that you must try!

Honey Vanilla Fromage Blanc


Ingredients

  • 32 ounces fromage blanc
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup good honey
  • 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
  • Vanilla seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean

To assemble, choose from:

  • Ripe stone fruit such as peaches, nectarines, plums
  • Berries such as raspberries and strawberries
  • Citrus fruit such as oranges, cut in segments
  • Raspberry Sauce

Directions

Stir the fromage blanc, cream, honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and vanilla seeds together in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
To assemble, spoon the fromage blanc mixture into shallow bowls. Place the fruit artfully on top and drizzle the dessert with raspberry sauce. Serve with extra raspberry sauce on the side. I find that some people like it less sweet with just a drizzle of sauce while others prefer more sauce.
Note: Recipe was halved for TV
Click here for the link.


1 comment:

  1. I loove her recipes, so rich and so simple at the same time! This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete