Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vive La Difference!

I grew up watching musicals, and every now and then we sing our conversations (don't act like you've never done this!) One musical in particular is very near and dear to my heart, Les Miserables. T'was one of our greatest date nights ever! We saw this production at our local Signature Theatre in Shirlington. Let me just say, don't downplay smaller theaters, they can offer some of the greatest shows for the least amount of $. Somehow Michael was able to leave with a fabulous souvenir (he's great at that.) My favorite poster in the world...
I brought the poster to Michaels (the art and craft store) because I had a 70% off custom framing coupon. I figured with its unusual dimensions we would have to have it custom framed, 14.5" x 22". I picked a basic white frame with no matting, and what did the total come to... $100 what?!
Plan A 
Well, that seems a bit high for being 70% off! I was so excited about my coupon I even cut it out with my fun scissors-grr. I'll show them... 
Michelle's solution, for the total cost of $11.99-the frame was 50% off. Not exactly the white frame I had envisioned, but it still works.
Plan B, DIY!
Side note: Notice the deep pumpkin orange from the poster compliments the same color in our living room rug... see there's a master plan.
I had to trim the poster slightly-no biggie
done & done. what do you think?

PS, I'm sure you're wondering where in our house this is... It's right before heading downstairs into the basement-that's a future blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment