Thursday, April 28, 2011

24 hours in Richmond

We recently headed South to spend some time with some VIPs! First we met my mom at the Virginia museum of fine art to spend some quality time with Picasso. We had a lovely lunch at the museum's restaurant-everything was fresh and delicious, and the service was swell.
The exhibit was absolutely incredible, and I urge you to catch it while it's in the area, or you may have to go to France... well that's not an entirely bad idea ;)
To see his work in chronological order gave us a better understanding of what he was experiencing in his life, and what was happening in the world around him. Picasso must be one of the most versatile artists I've ever seen. We were able to see his powerful work in several different mediums, as well as photographs that offer a glimpse into his personal life.
I often wonder what it would be like to be one of his subjects; immortalized through his work. Some easily identifiable, while others-not so much-I wonder if they knew their nose might end up next to their toes? I believe he put it best, "everything you can imagine is real."




After dinner we visited my Aunt & Uncle. We enjoyed catching up, and sorbet of course :)
They recently gave their kitchen a make-over, so I was super excited to see how everything turned out. 
Drum roll please...
Wow, it looked absolutely amazing!!!! A new, airy color for the walls, and white (buttermilk-I think) cabinets made the space seem much larger. Every little detail was well thought out, from the beautiful wine storage down to the brass knobs! They really utilized the space, and have tons of new storage-all custom built! If only I were Thumbelina, then I could nap in the pantry, tehe.


My lovely Aunt, Queen of the kitchen!


Love the Tiffany style lighting over the sink.

I dream of this!

Key hooks, baskets, and cookbooks-a place for everything!


Thank you so much for letting me share a piece of your beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment